With the harsh winter well behind you, it’s a great feeling to see the birds out again and chirping happily. If that’s not enough, it’s heartening to see the bees abuzz with activity, and you know that Spring is coming. If these and any other indications prove that the season is changing, it’s the best time to get your home ready for the new season.
There may be many things for you to do around the house to prepare for Spring, but the one that will be most appreciated by your entire family is to get the electric fireplace ready. How? Here are some interesting ways to help you get the most of the coming season.
Get Dazzling Light From Your Fireplace
Enhance the ember bed of your electric fireplace by providing a glowing light show. Don’t stick to the conventional colors of your ember beds, but improve them by using colored glass crystals. Scatter them randomly to create a beautiful panorama of colors when the light dwells on it and reflects it. They are available in a few colors and can be customized to look the way you want them to.
Combat All Allergies
Buy an electric fireplace with a modern air treatment system which can get rid of any allergens in the air, such as pollen, dander, spores, mites and dust. If your electric fireplace comes with an air filter that works with heat or without, it can clean the room up to a maximum of four times every hour.
Tips To Clean Your Electric Fireplace
- Before you start cleaning your electric fireplace, disconnect the power connections.
- Don’t use any abrasive cleaners as they can damage the interior and exterior of your fireplace.
- If you’re cleaning your mantel of dust, fingerprints or any other marks, wipe it with a cloth dipped in mild detergent. To get rid of water spots, dry the mantel surface using a lint-free wipe.
- To clean the surface of your electric fireplace, first cool it down if it’s hot from usage. Once it comes to room temperature, wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remember to avoid using abrasive cleaning material or spray cleaning liquids as this can damage the fireplace.
- When you clean your electric fireplace, it might be well worth checking if the fireplace is functioning well. If the lights that were not in use for some time need replacing, well, go ahead and do that too and keep it ready for use in the colder months.
- If you see a part of the flame turned a dark color, it means you need to replace the light bulbs. Now’s the time to attend to that too.
Innovative Ways Of Using Your Electric Fireplace In Spring
With winter gone and the need for your electric fireplace no longer as imperative, don’t let it sit around unused till autumn and winter resurface. Instead, use it imaginatively in some ways during Spring and enjoy yourself.
Here are a few smart ways to do this:
Maintain A Healthy Body Temperature
Often, you might experience that the warmth you experience in Spring is far more than what you feel in summer. This happens because your body adapts easily to cold temperatures during winter, making the gentle warmth of Spring feel far hotter than what it actually is.
However, you could weaken your immune system and be ill if you try to cool your house down when you don’t feel all that hot. Instead of doing this, let your electric fireplace warm the one room in your home that you spend the maximum amount of time in.
This will allow you to maintain a healthy temperature while your body naturally attunes itself to the warmth of Spring in the outdoors. And if suddenly, the weather changes and turns chilly and rainy, you can benefit from the additional warmth from your heater.
Enjoy the Lighting Effects of Your Electric Fireplace
The signature warm glow of an electric fireplace is something you can work with to enjoy its unique light effects which are very relaxing and perhaps even romantic.
An advantage in this area is that you can turn on your electric fireplace so that it runs without generating heat. This can give you the beautiful lighting without the warmth.
Electric fireplaces also come with the feature of color changing by which you can customize the color of the flame to suit your individual color preferences.
Use it To Decorate Your Living Room
Spring is when parties and get-togethers are frequently held. On these occasions, an electric fireplace can be a great addition to your decor and a great conversation piece.
Renovate Your Home With a Smart Fireplace
Spring is a good time to invest in an electric fireplace since they are sold at lower prices, being a slow season for these products. Besides, Spring is the season of renovating homes due to the clear and warm air. Renovating your home to install an electric fireplace usually doesn’t mean damaging your walls, but if you need to do some small bit of renovation, the right time is now, in Spring.
Electric fireplaces have the innate capacity of being beneficial to you in every season, not just Winter and Autumn. You can enjoy it in Spring too, as outlined above. And, since these fireplaces are available in a range of sizes, types and shapes, you can certainly find one that suits your specific needs.